Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Inspiration for a Romantic Spring Tablescape


Happy SPRING! 
I have never been more excited for spring to get here than I am this year.  I think we can all agree when I say that this winter here in the piedmont of North Carolina has been absolutely miserable (but I do love a good snow day… just not having one every week).  This was the first winter in 7 years since moving to North Carolina where I dug out my down-filled coat from storage to wear regularly.  I was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan so normally I would only need it when I fly north to visit family for the week of Christmas. 

The first day of spring though was absolutely beautiful.  The sun was smiling down upon us with her warm rays and I had every window in my little downtown apartment open while I did my spring cleaning.  I even noticed that the shrubs by my back door, which I think are camellias, are covered in blooms.  I’m glad to see that the ice storm we had recently didn’t completely destroy the flowers.


To celebrate the spring equinox and warm weather, I decided to put together a little inspirational tablescape.  I’ve been really drawn to blush tones with touches of light green lately.  I’m not usually a “pink” kind of girl, but I think with how dreary this winter has been I am craving warmth and tons of floral.  I think I’ll probably do a blog post soon inspired by blush tones.


Please excuse my tarnished tea service; I haven’t polished my silver yet this year as part of my annual spring-cleaning.  The aged, gold tone of the silver I think actually looks better than clean silver with blush tones and the gold edging on the hand painted Nippon plates.  The look is light and fresh against a white and cream backdrop with a touch of crystal.


I hope this romantic inspirational tablescape has you as excited for spring as I am!  Happy Spring everyone!

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog