Monday, May 12, 2014

Color Obsession: Blush


I am currently crushing on blush!  This soft, rosy, romantic color looks great for makeup, fashion, and home decor.


As Eloise, the famous little girl who lived at the Plaza once said, "Think pink.  A better way of life!"  I couldn't agree with her more!  The soft pink hue has always had a soft spot in my heart.  My childhood bedroom was painted a pastel pink, so everyday for 15 years I was surrounded by the color.  There are many ways to incorporate blush into your life.  



Makeup:
Yes, blush is great for your cheeks and lips, but I especially love it for eyeshadow.  If you're into shadows that are sparkly, try Stila's Magnificent Metals Fool Finish Eye Shadow in either Dusty Rose or Peach.  My current favorite eyeshadow palette is Urban Decay's Naked 3.  It is filled with 12 different rose-hued neutrals.  A great multi-use product is Nars The Multiple.  This product is perfect for use on cheeks, eyes, lips, and even as a highlighter.  I use the Nars Multiple in Portofino everyday and couldn't live without it!






Fashion:
I love having some blush in my wardrobe.  Its helps to create looks that are both feminine and classic. I wear a lot of black and to soften my look I like to add a blush colored accessory; either a scarf, shoes, or jewelry.  The easiest way to add some blush to an outfit is simply with a scarf.  This versatile piece can also be used as a wrap or tied onto a handbag.  The Merona Solid Crinkle Scarf in Blush Pink from Target is a steal at only $15.  For those who would like to splurge a little, check out these fabulous Prada sunglasses that have just a hint of blush in the frames.




Home Decor:
Weather you add just a little or add a lot, blush will bring elegance and warmth into your home.  The color works well with a variety of styles and color schemes.  A monochromatic blush room will be very romantic and girly.  Combining it with greens can make a room feel fresh and invigorating.  A combination of blush and black will make a bold, sophisticated statement.  The best way to try out some blush in your home is with small home accessories.  The Threshold Euro Decorative Pillow in Coral is a simple way to update a sofa for $35.  Ikea's SOMRIG vases are also an easy way to bring some blush into your home for just $1 per vase.



Monochromatic Blush Scheme:





Blush and Green Color Scheme:






Black and Blush Color Scheme:





Blush and Gray Color Scheme:






For more blush inspiration, follow me on Pinterest and check out my board "Color Story: Blush" that is dedicated to everything blush!

-Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog